Thursday, August 1, 2013

When One Door Closes....

Today as I was spending time with my family at NASA,I received a message that something I wanted was not happening. Immediately I became discouraged , frustrated and decided I am done. I know longer wanted to further my education , develop my leadership skills or even return to the classroom. This may sound totally crazy but I felt as if these are battles I must fight continually and I am tired. 

As we began our tour the tension in my neck continued to build until the pain was excruciating. We traveled through NASA listening to the guide my mind was filled with many thoughts. We entered the mock training facility and as my girls observed asking questions , I took a deep breath and let it go. Instantly I felt relief and began enjoying time with my family. I realized I am in education for the students , I love their inquiring minds. I love to teach , lead and care for them as I guide them on a successful educational journey! 

Although I feel a door was closed today, I also feel many have been opened. I do not have to lean on someone to help me grow into the educator and someday leader I want to be. It's time to take flight and be noticed for who I am and what I can offer. Thank you to my great husband and my new twitter friend Rafranz Davis for helping me see this. I must look into the doors that have opened through the development of a great PLN! The chats and the ideas from those of my PLN has helped me grow in many ways ,ways I could never imagine! Thank you Brett for support,Rafranz for inspiring , Ninja Todd and Ninja Stacey for augmented reality( that I had fun with today) , Matt and Sammy for showing me that there are things out there I know about and should share! Maybe by October I will be brave enough to do that @MBG! Doors are flying open I must step up and enter. 

The will to win,the desire to succeed,the urge to reach your full potential, these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. Confucius 

No comments:

Post a Comment