Sunday, July 28, 2013

EdCamp Experience from a Newbie

The day was Saturday July 27, 2013. As I approached Timberview Middle School my nerves began to kick in. The voices in my head haunted me with things like: Your not a Tech Pro like the people here, Stay to yourself- don't make eye contact and most of all make sure you schedule a session with someone from your district. As we entered we were greeted and given instructions. I followed them successfully :) We entered the cafe with all the other educators and found our spot to sit. I began to look around the room and see friends from twitter, they are real not just a face on your twitter page. Although the voice did keep me from meeting many of them I did not listen when it came to my inspiration Rafranz Davis. It was great to connect with her in person! The session board was put up , I grabbed my session paper walked over and chose where I would like to go. To my surprise I had shut the voice up and I did not worry about where my fellow coworkers were going. I felt it important that we spread out , learn as much as we could and get together and collaborate. I felt a bit of independence as I traveled to my sessions without someone I knew at my side. Most importantly my husband,whom was there, that I always follow like his shadow. I would like to say that the sessions were awesome! The open forum is great! Participation from all was amazing! My first session Google Docs taught me many things that I do not know about the Google World. I am headed to the Google Summit!!!!!!!!!!!! Augmented Reality rocked my world!!!! Thank You Ninja Todd and Ninja Stacey for introducing some amazing apps and ideas for the new year! You guys rock!! My last session was Ipad Anything with IpadSammy and Matt Gomez. What can you say about these two? :) Thank you guys for the great apps!! I had a few I thought about sharing but the voice said no, maybe next time. Overall this was a great experience to meet others just like you, some will teach you and some you will teach. I cna not wait to see all of my twitter friends in October for EdCamp Dallas!

3 comments:

  1. From my iPhone, I'm commenting a blog got the first time! My gosh, I need my computer!!! Don't stay to yourself...EVER! You have do much to offer & share. You don't have to be a tech expert. None of us are! We are ALL learners...All of us! Meeting you was absolutely my highlight!!! And your husband's weird finger blog!!! The heck? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! So excited that you came to #edcampfwtx and can't wait to learn from you more and see you in Dallas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to you leading a discussion at EdcampDallas now that you are a pro :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete