Sunday, July 7, 2013

What is my Strength?

While out and about I decided to drive by my Elementary School. I looked at the old worn down building, one that is not even in use anymore, but the memories of where my education began were still vivid in my mind. I remember every teacher that I had while in elementary school, the things they taught me, how they believed in me. I many times reflect on my educational years and those who believed in me and would step up to help me on my educational journey. 

As an educator myself I strive to follow in the footsteps of my favorite educators adding my own touch along the way of course. Children need so much more than just an education this day in time. They need guidance, love , understanding , consistency and discipline. This is why we sometimes here that a teacher wears many hats. We are not educating these children for a year, we are educating them for life.

Kids are my passion. I grow and learn as they grow and learn. I teach them, they teach me! I ask my husband often what is my strength ? I know my passion. He answers with your strength is within your passion. You are always searching for ways to bring your babies where they need to be! You don't say I hope they learn to read this year, you say they will read this year! After many years of hearing this it is beginning to sink in. I am ready to take the strengths within my passion and guide my babies in directions they never knew they could go, giving them tools for life ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment