Thursday, July 18, 2013

The other "F" word!

Fear the other F word that we do not discuss often, or that I do not discuss often. In my mind I have always believed that if you were fearful you were weak. To this day I try to cover up my Fear so that I am not viewed as weak. 

Definition of FEAR

1
a : an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger
(1) : an instance of this emotion 
(2) : a state marked by this emotion
2
: anxious concern : solicitude
3
: profound reverence and awe especially toward God
4
: reason for alarm : danger

This past week I have felt much fear, not fear of someone , but fear of events in my life. Changes & decisions, we all know it as life. Changes- my oldest is heading to college. This is an exciting time in her life and I know she will be very successful. Fear - how will we pay, financial aid still in the process, first payment due soon.. It's almost both our paychecks together. 
Decisions- I have decided to step in to a new position this year. I am experiencing the Fear of change.  I loved my team and will miss them dearly. I am fearful of my ability to fulfill my new duties. 

Then someone posted a bible verse from Isaiah 46:4 I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescues you.

I know in my heart that this is true. If  it was not meant for my daughter to attend her college of choice she would not have been accepted. She prayed , we prayed many nights and days for her to get through that ACT... She did it!

I know in my heart that I will be great in my new position. There is a deep passion and love for special needs children that I have and all can see. 
It is ok to be fearful but do not let it consume you as I have. You are never alone! 
  • Isaiah 41:13

    For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment